Spicy Kielbasa Soup
Published: August 4, 2013
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14-1/2 ounces each) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15-1/2 ounces) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-1/2 ounces) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the kielbasa until lightly browned in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic and cook until tender, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.